Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Living with Hoarders

Its frustrating living with my wife and mother-in-law. Our house is cluttered with stuff. It's so hard to get them to throw anything away. They get hysterical when I try even if its just empty boxes and ten year old junk mail. I'm constantly tripping over things in my house. They're shopaholics and pack rats, a terrible combination. My mother-in-law can't stop shopping. She declared bankruptcy a few years ago. Fortunately, that's slowed down the new purchases considerably. Hopefully if the intake of new crap is slowed, I can gradually get rid of the old crap. The trouble is they stop me when I try to take things out to the garage. our basement is not a walkout and the old hag is always on the main floor which has all the exits to the house. She hardly ever leaves the house. I feel trapped and imprisoned by her.

No comments: